Tuesday 20 March 2012

Heir of the Kingdom

Once I "put my hand to the plow" as Jesus said, I have been forever changed. My status has been radically and permanently altered by the love and gift of Christ.  Therefore...it makes no sense what-so-ever to return to my former state of destructive behaviour...what Paul in calls "slavery".  (Gal.4:1-7)
And yet, I am in some fashion still held captive by this shadow of my former self. Paul asserts that I have become an heir of the kingdom and no longer considered a slave...but I am still tempted to act just like one!  Paul insists that the slave mentality needs to be excised...cast out, so that I will no longer be held in bondage to those things whose nature is not of God.
Abba, Father, I no longer want to be held captive by my sin nature, but to live into the promise which was made for me on the cross at Calvary. Come, Lord Jesus, and lead me in the way of righteousness, that I can attain maturity...so that my life will reflect your glory, an example to the world around me of your promise fulfilled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment